Chicken with Ginger Sauce
Life can be pretty busy on our dairy farm. So I favor foods that I can put on the table in no time. This dish is a hit at our house, even with our toddlers.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh pea pods
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Sliced almonds, optional
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside. In remaining oil, stir-fry broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, pea pod and onions for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Return chicken to skillet. Combine mayonnaise, broth, garlic, soy sauce and ginger; add to skillet. Reduce heat and cook until heated through. Serve over rice and sprinkle with almonds if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 413 calories, 34g fat (5g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Chicken with Ginger Sauce in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.