- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium carrots, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup Italian tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Hot cooked pasta
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken on each side in 1 teaspoon oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute tomatoes and garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute. Add carrots; saute 2-3 minutes longer. Combine the tomato sauce, broth, tomato paste and rosemary; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and carrots are crisp-tender. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken with Garlic-Tomato Sauce
"I really liked this recipe. I left out the carrots though since I don't care for them and I added some fresh rosemary."