- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or .4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 20 garlic cloves, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons flour, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and shake to coat. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, saute the garlic, onion and red pepper flakes in remaining oil until onion is tender and garlic begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Stir in wine or broth; bring to a boil. Boil until wine is reduced by half, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil. Boil until broth is reduced by half, about 7-8 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Combine butter and remaining flour; whisk into skillet. Return to heat. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Serve warm over chicken breasts. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken with Garlic Sauce
"We really didn't seem to enjoy this recipe. Even though it had so much garlic, you couldn't really get a garlic taste without biting into one of the slices of garlic. It seemed kind of plain. Perhaps if the garlic were roasted, it would make a difference. Made a very pretty presentation, however."
"loved it. Made it with pinot grigio, delicious!!!"