My skillet chicken with the colors and flavors of Italy is so easy. The fire-roasted tomatoes sound complicated, but all you have to do is open a can! —Margaret Wilson, Sun City, California
Featured In: 65 Low-Calorie Dinner Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons salt-free garlic herb seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- Mix seasoning ingredients; sprinkle over both sides of chicken breasts. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°.
- Meanwhile, in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine green beans and water; microwave, covered, on high for 3-4 minutes or just until tender. Drain.
- Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm. Stir butter and beans into tomato mixture. Serve with chicken and, if desired, pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Fire-Roasted Tomatoes in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Reviews forChicken with Fire-Roasted Tomatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 17, 2016
"Good, nice change of pace from the usual steamed green beans."