Chicken with Dilly Ham Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup julienned fully cooked ham (1/4 pound)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Parsley buttered potatoes, optional
- In a shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs and 1/4 cup cheese; set aside. Pound each chicken breast to 1/4-in. thickness. Brush both sides with mustard; coat evenly with crumb mixture. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15 minutes or until juices run clear. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute ham in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in flour until blended and bubbly. Add the cream, dill and remaining cheese; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Spoon over chicken. Serve with parsley buttered potatoes if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 546 calories, 37g fat (20g saturated fat), 177mg cholesterol, 1265mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.
Nov 28, 2016
This intrigued me as I was thumbing through recipes for dinner prior to our Thanksgiving feast this year. I loved how quickly and easily it came together. I didn't flatten the chicken breast. I left them intact and turned the oven only to 375 and baked for about 30 minutes, until the juices were running clear but the coating was nicely crisp. I also used diced ham instead of julienned, but otherwise made as directed. Served over a bed of lightly buttered egg noodles and got a thumbs up from the husband. Will definitely do this again!