Chicken with Curry Dill Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add the flour, salt and pepper; stir until smooth. Gradually add milk and bring to a boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the mayonnaise, dill and curry; stir until smooth. Set aside. In a skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil. Place in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Pour sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 330 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein.
Sep 21, 2012
I didn't care for the sauce. I thought I would've liked it as I like both dill weed & curry, but I thought it was kind of blah.
Oct 14, 2011
this was absolutely delicious!
Dec 27, 2010
You need to quadruple the sauce on this recipe. It's so good. Everyone puts in on their mashed potatoes. We love this recipe!!!!
Dec 2, 2010
The family loved it. I would add a little more curry powder. I will definately make this again.
Oct 31, 2010
I've made this many times. It's very easy, and I always have the ingredients on hand. Makes a very tasty meal the whole family loves.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.