VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil. Remove chicken; set aside. To drippings, add mushrooms and garlic; saute 2 minutes. Stir in flour until mushrooms are coated. Gradually add water and bouillon; cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly. Return chicken to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, slice one cucumber into thin slices; set aside. Peel remaining cucumber; slice in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Cut into 1-in. chunks. Add to skillet and simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Stir sour cream into sauce; heat through but do not boil. Garnish with reserved cucumber slices. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Cucumbers in Taste of Home June/July 1996, p9
Reviews forChicken with Cucumbers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review