Chicken with Cucumber Sauce
I've served this chicken to nearly all our friends and relatives, and it's been met with many "Mmmms!" I sometimes prepare extra sauce to serve over steamed fresh carrots.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning, optional
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- CUCUMBER SAUCE:
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cornmeal, mustard, nutmeg, cayenne pepper and seafood seasoning if desired. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients; cook over low heat until heated through. Serve with chicken.
Editor's Note: Chicken may also be served as a sandwich on buns topped with warm or chilled cucumber sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 335 calories, 22g fat (4g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Chicken with Cucumber Sauce in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.