- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced peeled Mcintosh apple (about 2 medium)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 reduced-fat evaporated milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender. Stir in the broth, tarragon, pepper and salt; bring to a boil.
- Add apples and reserved chicken. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken to a serving platter.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup milk until smooth; stir in remaining milk. Add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over chicken; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken with Creamy Apple-Mushroom Sauce
"LOVED LOVED LOVED this! I served it over couscous with steamed green beans....definitely a "menu regular"!"