- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 ounces each), skin removed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- Hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Brush chicken with melted butter; sprinkle with dressing mix, salt and pepper. Pour 1/4 cup broth into a 5-qt. slow cooker; add chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove to a serving platter; keep warm. Reserve 3/4 cup cooking juices; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook onion in butter over medium heat until tender. Stir in the soup, cooking juices, garlic and remaining broth; heat through. Add cream cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Serve with chicken and rice; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken with Cream Cheese Sauce
"Great recipe. easy to make and my picky eaters love it enough to eat leftover."
"I lost my recipe in a move but we've been making this dish since 2004 and since I didn't copy the name of the poster, I can't give her credit..but it may have been Daddy's Cricket. The original recipe called for chicken thighs instead of breasts. Since this can be made on stove top, oven, or crockpot, it is convenient. The taste is great and even leftovers don't have that "refrigerator" taste. Of course, after making it, most of us tweak it to our liking, e.i. using low fat, chicken breast instead of thighs, etc. I would highly recommend this recipe to anyone."