- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup honey
- CREAMY MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown or horseradish mustard
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add the broth, brown rice and wild rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 55-65 minutes or until rice is tender. Drain excess liquid if necessary. Stir in the cranberries, parsley, thyme and pepper. In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp; drain on paper towels.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Top each with 1/4 cup rice mixture; roll up from one end. Wrap two strips of bacon around each roll-up and secure with toothpicks. Place remaining rice mixture in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; place roll-ups over rice.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat honey, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds; spoon over chicken. bake, uncovered, at 325° for 28-30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Discard toothpicks.
- In a small saucepan, combine cream and mustard. cook over medium-low heat until mixture is reduced and begins to thicken, stirring constantly. Serve warm with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken with Cranberry Stuffing
"Really good. I usually just make the rice and mustard sauce as a side dish. Mmmm."
"This is an excellent tasty dish."