Chicken with Cranberry-Orange-Pecan Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- CRANBERRY ORANGE SAUCE:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Flatten chicken to 3/8-in. thickness; place in the bag and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 3 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add cranberries and orange juice to the skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the berries begin to pop. Add brown sugar and orange zest; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in pecans; remove from the heat.
- In another skillet, saute garlic in butter until tender. Add the spinach; saute for 1 minute or until spinach begins to wilt. Place spinach on serving plates; top with the chicken and cranberry sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 489 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 438mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein.
Jul 30, 2014
The chicken and spinach were both good but the sauce was awful. I'm not new to cooking and thought this would be a good recipe. It was a total waste of time and ingredients. Luckily I tasted it before I served it to my family and I made a quick raspberry sauce to go with the chicken. The flavors did not meld at all and the pecans were completely overpowered by the cranberries. They are too expensive to waste. I will never make another recipe that wasn't reviewed.