- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- CRANBERRY ORANGE SAUCE:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Flatten chicken to 3/8-in. thickness; place in the bag and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 3 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add cranberries and orange juice to the skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the berries begin to pop. Add brown sugar and orange zest; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in pecans; remove from the heat.
- In another skillet, saute garlic in butter until tender. Add the spinach; saute for 1 minute or until spinach begins to wilt. Place spinach on serving plates; top with the chicken and cranberry sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forChicken with Cranberry-Orange-Pecan Sauce
"The chicken and spinach were both good but the sauce was awful. I'm not new to cooking and thought this would be a good recipe. It was a total waste of time and ingredients. Luckily I tasted it before I served it to my family and I made a quick raspberry sauce to go with the chicken. The flavors did not meld at all and the pecans were completely overpowered by the cranberries. They are too expensive to waste. I will never make another recipe that wasn't reviewed."