Chicken with Cranberry-Balsamic Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Add the cranberry juice, vinegar, cranberry sauce and shallot to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Stir in butter and remaining salt until butter is melted. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 359 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 891mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein.
May 3, 2014
The sauce is definitely a five star but I did use less salt. The chicken however was very dry, I also used less salt on the chicken. Next time I will just bake the chicken at a lower temperature for a longer time.
Nov 20, 2010
WAY too much salt...tastes just as good without all the sodium!
Nov 20, 2010
Question for using this recipe on pork loin. Do you bake it whole or cut it into medallions and brown them first like you would the chicken?
Nov 10, 2009
I use pork tenderloin instead of the chicken and it was wonderful. Everyone was very impressed and I will make it again. Next time I may even try it with the chicken but the pork was sooo good!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.