- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Add the cranberry juice, vinegar, cranberry sauce and shallot to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Stir in butter and remaining salt until butter is melted. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken with Cranberry-Balsamic Sauce
"WAY too much salt...tastes just as good without all the sodium!"