Chicken with Country Gravy Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Dash each seasoned salt, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 2 chicken leg quarters
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon pepper
- 1. Place butter and oil in a large ovenproof skillet. Place in a 425° oven for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine flour and seasonings; add chicken, one piece at a time, and turn to coat.
- 2. Carefully place chicken, skin side down, in hot skillet. Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Transfer 1 tablespoon of drippings from the skillet to a small saucepan; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in the milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
1 piece: 679 calories, 51g fat (17g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 630mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Chicken with Country Gravy
"I used cornstarch instead of flour and made enough for our family of 4. I used 1/2 cup cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon paprika and 1/8 teaspoon of the rest of the seasonings for 11 chicken drumsticks (about 3 pounds). In the gravy only used half the amount thickener since I was substituting cornstarch. We all loved it!"
"So good! This is a keeper for our family. The chicken has great flavor and we even put the gravy on our mashed potatoes."
"Fabulous! I omitted the gravy just to cut down on fat and calories. I also did not have any cornflakes on hand, so I used crunched up ritz crackers. The chicken turned out moist and delicious!"
"I made this recipe for 4 servings and my family wanted more :)Going to make this recipe again without a doubt."
"THIS IS A VERY easy AND TASTY RECIPE!!!!!"