Topped with tart citrus and sweet honey salsa, this tender grilled chicken is an attractive entree. The mouthwatering recipe comes from Molly Slosson of Westport, Washington.—Molly Slosson, Westport, Washington
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup pink grapefruit sections
- 2/3 cup orange sections
- 1/2 medium lemon, peeled and cut into sections
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash onion powder
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash dried oregano
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the grapefruit, orange and lemon. Combine the cilantro, lime juice, honey, lime peel and cayenne; stir into fruit mixture. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, chili powder, salt, onion powder, garlic powder and oregano; sprinkle over chicken.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Citrus Salsa in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p63