Chicken with Chive Sauce Recipe
Browned chicken gets a pleasant flavor boost from a creamy white sauce featuring chives and mushrooms and makes a lovely presentation when served over white or wild rice. The recipe from field editor Becky Baird of Salt Lake City, Utah is easy to prepare, too.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup minced chives
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons oil for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm. saute mushrooms and chives in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Stir in the flour. gradually whisk in the broth until blended. Stir in the cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Return chicken to the pan; turn to coat. Cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 323 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Chicken with Chive Sauce
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC