Chicken with Caramelized Pears Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve long grain and wild rice
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add pears and brown sugar; cook 3 minutes longer. Stir in vinaigrette and thyme.
- 2. Return chicken to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/3 cup pear mixture and 1 cup rice: 567 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 1330mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 5g fiber), 39g protein.
Reviews for Chicken with Caramelized Pears
"This was ok, nothing special. Everyone ate it, but no one askec for seconds."
"Very good! We enjoyed this dish tonight. easy preparation too."