We like to use Little Red Dress brand merlot in this chicken recipe to bring out the flavor of the berries. —Elizabeth Wright, Raleigh, North Carolina
Featured In: 30 Recipes to Make with Fresh Strawberries
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup merlot or red grape juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- In a small saucepan, combine the strawberries, raspberries, merlot and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Serve with berry sauce; garnish with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Berry Wine Sauce in Healthy Cooking August/September 2011, p51
Reviews forChicken with Berry Wine Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2016
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2012
"This was absolutely delicious! So simple and easy to make."
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2011
"I didn't have any raspberries so I used fresh blueberries. It was absolutely delicious!!"