Chicken with Asian Stuffing Recipe
In Dauphin, Manitoba, Pam Szmon uses this flavorful dressing to stuff two chickens, but we baked it alongside moist leg quarters. "With unusual ingredients like bean sprouts and water chestnuts, it's my favorite," she notes.
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/4 cups butter, divided
- 3 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 10 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 8 chicken leg quarters
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in 1 cup butter until tender. Add bacon, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce and ginger. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in the bread cubes, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Place the chicken in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Melt the remaining butter; brush over chicken. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180°. Bake the stuffing alongside for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 688 calories, 47g fat (23g saturated fat), 183mg cholesterol, 881mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Chicken with Asian Stuffing
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC