Chicken with Artichokes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped
- Combine salt and pepper; sprinkle over chicken. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook onion and garlic in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in wine and chicken broth, stirring to loosen any browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil. Add chicken. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken; keep warm.
- Add artichokes to pan. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-12 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 230 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 678mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 23, 2010
This was great! Absolutely loved it!
May 27, 2009
I thought it was a little bland. Also, maybe serve over rice? I think it needs something else added to jazz it up.
May 13, 2009
Very simple recipe, I will definately be making it again, embellishing some, maybe adding mushrooms and/or olives. My family didn't care for the wine flavor though so next time I will just use the chicken broth. But all in all a wonderfully quick and easy meal. I cut the breasts in half thickness wise and it made it go further and cook quicker.