Chicken with Artichokes and Shrimp
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 8 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt if desired and pepper; add chicken and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the shrimp, artichokes, tomato and garlic to the skillet; cook for 4 minutes. Add the broth, basil, parsley and butter; heat through. Pour over chicken and sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 433 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 878mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 42g protein.
Jan 4, 2017
This is a family favorite. We add mushrooms, but other than that make it as written. Absolutely delicious!
Sep 5, 2011
This is a keeper and I will definitely be using this recipe frequently for our family of five. (I tripled the recipe.) One of our kids looked skeptical about the artichokes, but he ended up going back for more. The flavors blend beautifully. The only thing I changed was to use organic chicken broth and then less salt instead of the reduced sodium. Delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.