Chicken with Apple Cream Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken in oil for 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Combine the apple juice, lemon juice, rosemary, salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and cream until smooth; stir into cooking liquid in skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add parsley. Return chicken to skillet and heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 353 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Chicken with Apple Cream Sauce
"This was just marginal okay. From the reviews I thought this was going to be better. No offense intended, but this was really blah."
"I have made this many times over the past several years. It is absolutely delicious!"
"Great texture and easy to make! A bit bland in spices...I just threw a bit more salt and pepper in!"
"The best chiken breast recipe ever"
"This was a very quick recipe to prepare. The apple cream sauce was slightly sweet but nicely flavored. This was a nice recipe considering how quickly it can be made."
"This was wonderful. so rich and delcious."
"This is delicious and very easy to make. A novice can serve a 5 star dish now. I served it with butter sauteed apples. Yum!"