- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or additional chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, melt butter. stir in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in soup and wine or broth. Add rice and chicken; heat through. Yield: 14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Reviews forChicken Wild Rice Soup
"This soup was really good! I added some finely shredded Swiss cheese for a little zing! My family loved it!"
"This was really good! Very good and easy to make!"
"This was so delicious! It is absolutely comfort food! I used rotisserie chicken and 2 packages pre made uncle bens wild rice, which comes in airtight bags on the rice aisle to speed up process. Turned out fabulous! Whole family loved it, this recipe is a keeper."
"I made a double batch of this soup, and so happy I did because I have a freezer full of delicious lunches!! I hadn't made wild rice before, and didn't realize how long it takes to cook, but well worth it--I will definitely make this again"