Chicken Wild Rice Salad
Total TimePrep: 1-1/4 hours + chilling
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, rice, bouillon and butter to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until rice is tender. Drain if necessary; transfer to a large bowl and cool completely.
- Place green beans in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add the chicken, tomato, onions and green beans to the rice; stir until blended. Combine the remaining ingredients; drizzle over mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 330 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 618mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Nov 2, 2009
(Gluten free substition for water and bouillion cubes = Pacific natural foods brand organic free range chicken broth low sodium)
Nov 1, 2009
Glutten free. (I used Canola Margarine which is lactose free) The rice vinegar, sesame oil and spices really give this dish an excellent flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.