Chicken Wild Rice Dish
This special dish will be sure to delight guests. This dish can be assembled the night before and baked the day of.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 2 pounds sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 cups chopped celery
- 4 cups chopped sweet red pepper
- 2-2/3 cups chopped green onions
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/3 cups butter, cubed
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 24 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 16 cups cooked wild rice
- 16 cups cooked long grain rice
- 8 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- In a stockpot, saute the first five ingredients in butter until tender. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Spoon into four greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Cover and bake at 350° for 75 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through.
Editor's Note: This dish may be assembled and refrigerated overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 1 hour before baking.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 366 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 687mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Wild Rice Dish in Country Woman May/June 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.