Chicken Wild Rice Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated skim milk
- 12 ounces chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Cook the rice according to package directions, omitting butter; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper, milk and broth until smooth. Add onion and butter. Bring to boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- In a 2-qt. baking dish, combine the chicken, pimientos, parsley, sauce and reserved rice. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 336 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 895mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Nov 24, 2013
Easy to prepare and tasty. A nice creamy texture without a lot of fat. The boxed rice mix I used called for 2 Tbsp. of butter, so I used the butter in the rice preparation and left it out of the sauce.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.