Chicken Wellington Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat juices run clear. Place chicken in a greased 3-cup baking dish. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, mushrooms, onion, salt and pepper. Spoon over chicken.
- Unroll dough into a single long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. If necessary, trim dough to fit top of dish and patch together by overlapping edges. Pinch edges to seal. Place over filling. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 471 calories, 32g fat (15g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 786mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein.
Feb 9, 2017
I followed the recipe exactly, the cream cheese was stilled in gobs there was no "spooning" over the chicken. As quickly result it wasn't very good. Well not be making again. This is the first time a TOH recipe disappointed.
Sep 4, 2009
for heathermoore:I have several family members who hate mushrooms. I will substitute each one's favorite vegetable, slightly undercooked.
Nov 16, 2008
Could you substitute the mushrooms for anything? My husband won't touch mushrooms but loves chicken.....
Aug 9, 2008
This was SO good. My boyfriend loved it too and said it was a keeper!! I used reduced fat cream cheese and canned mushrooms. it tasted delicious!!!