- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a skillet, cook chicken in butter 3-4 minutes on each side. Place chicken in a greased 3-cup baking dish. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, mushrooms, onion, salt and pepper. Spoon over chicken. Unroll dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. If necessary, trim dough to fit top of dish and patch together by overlapping edges. Pinch edges to seal. Place over filling. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forChicken Wellington Casserole
"I followed the recipe exactly, the cream cheese was stilled in gobs there was no "spooning" over the chicken. As quickly result it wasn't very good. Well not be making again. This is the first time a TOH recipe disappointed."
"for heathermoore:I have several family members who hate mushrooms. I will substitute each one's favorite vegetable, slightly undercooked."
"Could you substitute the mushrooms for anything? My husband won't touch mushrooms but loves chicken....."
"This was SO good. My boyfriend loved it too and said it was a keeper!! I used reduced fat cream cheese and canned mushrooms. it tasted delicious!!!"