This wonderful one pot dish is put together in no time at all. It makes such a delicious supper, your family will be requesting it often.—Jean Pare, Vermilion, Alberta
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 medium red potatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- Pinch dried thyme
- 1/2 cup each chopped sweet red and yellow pepper (1-inch pieces)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup cider or red wine vinegar
- In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove and keep warm. In the drippings, saute onion and garlic until tender. Stir in the carrots, potatoes, water and seasonings; top with chicken. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in additional water if needed. Add peppers and green onions. Cover and cook until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar; heat through.
Originally published as Chicken Vinaigrette in Taste of Home June/July 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.