Chicken Veggie Saute
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 5 minutes on each side or a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm. In the drippings, saute the mushrooms, carrots and broccoli for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, milk, mustard and pepper. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve with noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 259 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 802mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 17, 2012
This is a very nice and easy recipe. I didn't have raw carrots on hand so I substituted a yellow summer squash. I also used canned mushrooms but probably fresh would have been better.