Chicken Vegetable Medley Recipe
"This is a nice summer supper when fresh produce is abundant."Kim Marie Van Rheenan, Mendota, Illinois.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium eggplant, peeled and diced
- 2 large green peppers, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat, brown chicken in 1 tablespoon of oil; set chicken aside. Add remaining oil to skillet; saute mushrooms, garlic, tomatoes, eggplant, green pepper, zucchini and onion for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove bay leaf before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 298 calories, 13g fat (0 saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Chicken Vegetable Medley
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC