Chicken & Vegetable Alfredo
This hearty pasta dish from Linda Morten of Katy, Texas offers great garlic-basil flavor in a fraction of the time. Just think of how pretty this colorful dish will look on your table tonight! Tip: If you can't find basil and garlic goat cheese, buy plain goat cheese and add 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves to chicken and toss before cooking in butter.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (6 ounces), cubed
- 3/4 cup fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup basil and roasted garlic goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook fettuccine according package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken and peas in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper and cream; stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in goat cheese and parsley; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Drain fettuccine; toss with chicken mixture.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 438 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Garden Fresh Chicken 'N Veggie Sauce in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.