Chicken Tossed Salad
“My husband is picky about salads, but he loves this combination of fruit, meat and cheese,” says Vanetta Servoss from Southaven, Mississippi. “With a package of greens and fully-cooked bacon, it goes together so quickly.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon strips, warmed and crumbled
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) mandarin oranges
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen diced cooked chicken, thawed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 to 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2/3 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, spinach and onions. Add the bacon, oranges, chicken, mozzarella cheese and almonds; toss gently. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.