- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 4 flour tortillas (6 to 7 inches), cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine broth, soups and milk. Add the chicken, corn, mushrooms, chilies and onions; mix well. Bring to a boil. Add the tortilla strips. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Add cheese; stir just until melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews forChicken Tortilla Chowder
"Loved this! I did omit the mushrooms (not that we don’t like them, it just didn’t sound good in this). I used the corn with poblanos for extra heat. Oh, and used canned chicken for ease. Probably would be a lot better if I used rotisserie but still very good!"
"This stuff is delicious. One of my favorite recipes."
"Very hearty. Family loved it."
"Very good! Added a little taco seasoning for more mexican flavor, skipped the mushrooms to please the youngsters."
"This soup is okay for a base, but didn't taste Mexican enough for me. To make it my own I added a bit of canned tomato soup, a package of quick cooking Mexican rice (Rice Sides brand), and a small amount of some Chipotle marinade dry mix that I had. Used frozen sweet corn since that's what I had, and a small bit of chili powder to spice it up. Topped with crumbled chips and sour cream!"
"This is a very good chowder, I think next time I will add a little heat by adding slices of jalepenos."
"This is great we love it and it is so easy. My son asks for it every week."
"This is amazing! It's my new fav and everyone wants the recipe!"
"love this recipe it's easy and so good.jenn c."