- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, chilies, broth, soups and onion; set aside. Layer half of the tortillas in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, cutting to fit pan if desired. Top with half of the chicken mixture and half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forChicken Tortilla Bake
"I made half this recipe for 2 of us and it would have served 5. REALLY good! I used a can of rotel because i didn 't have canned chiles (not typical) and used more cheese than called for."
"I really Liked this. Only made one small addition and one change up. I added 1 cup of Bush's Cocina Latina Frijoles Cubanos drained not rinsed. I also used 2 cans of cream of chicken soup to change up the cream of mushroom. I like cream of mushroom but I dont like the grey color it gives some foods."
"Loved it and so did the party. Will definitely put this on the list again of repeat recipes."
"This recipe was definitely a flop. I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out soupy and bland. Super disappointing."
"RedHeaded Texan..yours was a totally different recipe. You should just have submitted it ."
"Enjoyed the recipe but would add in lieu of green chiles chopped jalapenos to spice it up even more."