Chicken Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 package (8 to 9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Breadsticks, optional
- 1. In a 3-qt. saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with breadsticks if desired. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
1 cup: 170 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Chicken Tortellini Soup
"I made this last night and was disappointed. Not much flavor. It didn't taste bad but it was just not enough flavor to say it was good. Will not make again and can't recommend this recipe but I do love Taste of Home recipes in general."
"I make broth a lot and I found an awesome trick. I will use the carcass of a Costco whole chicken, put it in a cheese cloth and simmer for a couple hours with about 3 boxes of store bought broth. I put the wrapped chicken in the pot with the broth and fill the pot to a level I want with water. I always have people asking why my soup is so tasty. A turkey carcass would work too. I'd break it down, put it in cheese cloth to fit in a pot. Very flavorful."
"Tastes great, easy to prepare. A favorite in our home!"
"This soup has a very tasty blend of seasonings & is very easy to make. The tortellini is a nice variation from noodles. I used fresh cauliflower & broccoli in place of the frozen veggies & used leftover chicken.. This makes a thick soup. which I like, but some people might prefer to add more broth."