Chicken Tortellini Skillet
- 2 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until juices run clear.
- 2. Drain tortellini; add to skillet. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
1 cup: 418 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 767mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Apr 9, 2015
Simple, perfect for a weeknight. Needs some seasonings, but otherwise, a keeper! Used refrigerated tortellini......I like those better than frozen.
Oct 14, 2014
Very tasty. I added 2 garlic cloves, a celery stalk, broccoli, and 5 large mushrooms to the sauce....trying to get in my vegetables for my family.
Dec 1, 2011
Hubby hates tomatoes, so I added my own alfredo sauce instead. He loved it. Will make again.
Oct 30, 2011
This was excellent! I did add zucchini and my own red sauce with loads of garlic!
Mar 31, 2011
Definitely a will make again dinner! Quick easy with very little prep and the kids were able to help make it and loved it! Added some Meditteranean seasonings to the chicken when cooking for a little flair, but the dish was worth 5 stars for sure!
Mar 7, 2011
So delicious and easy to make! We eat this all the time.
Nov 4, 2010
I made this dish last night for dinner and it was a hit! After cooking it for a few minutes on the stove I put it in the oven to bake for 10 minutes. This made the mozzarella cheese crispy and delicious. I will serve this again and again, thanks for the recipe.
Dec 31, 1969
For some weird reason, frozen tortellini doesn't exist in three Charlotte, NC, food store chains, so I substituted mini ravioli. Made my own seasoned sauce and served with Parm. & shredded cheddar. It is a nice, quick entree. If you feel so inclined, put out a bag salad & you're done!
Dec 31, 1969
will try it , would also be good with shrimp instead of chicken