Chicken Tortellini Alfredo Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated spinach or cheese tortellini
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute broccoli and carrots in 2 tablespoons oil for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the mushrooms, onion and garlic; saute vegetables 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Remove vegetables and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook chicken in remaining oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return vegetables to skillet. Stir in Alfredo sauce and seasonings; heat through. Drain tortellini; add to chicken mixture. Toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 393 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Tortellini Alfredo
"I doubled the recipe and left out the carrots. It was really good, but I didnt add the amount of mushrooms the recipe required and I probably should have. In fact, my wife's preference on pasta is to let the vegetables dominate the dish with the pasta as a compliment. For those that share a similar palette, I think this dish is worthy. I would just double everything then but the pasta. Tortellini, in particular, is pretty heavy and you can get away with that approach with this dish. Oh, and I added a little salt to my plate while serving if that's your style."
"This is really delicious!"
"Very easy to prepare."
"This is fantastic, I have used Egg Noodles, Penne or Rotini and added some Philly Herb & Garlic Cooking Cream Cheese. It is so good for leftovers too. Make this at least once a week and I am only one person eating it."
"Great idea, but this turned out just like the 'bag-o-meals' I buy as a backup when I have nothing to cook or just really don't care and need something to make. Ya know, those frozen dinners in a bag that you just throw on the stove top and cook for like 15 minutes and viola dinner is done for 2. So not too impressed with the recipe. It was also very bland in flavor. Not going to save this recipe."
"It was really good, but I think next time, I'll do more tortellini and less onion."
"This was out of this world. I used a 12 oz pkg of cheese tortellini. Next time, I will cut the onion smaller. No other changes are needed to be made."
"Great Recipe! I have made this numerous times, and will continue making it!"
"This was so yummy! It has excellent flavor! I added some salt and pepper to the veggies and the meat in addition to the seasonings called for. My husband gave it the thumbs up!"
"This recipe sounds good but 3/4 pound of chicken doesn't sound like enough protein for 6 servings. I'd probably add more."
"Amazing recipe! My family loved it! Great flavours, lots of veggies, will definitely make again :)"
"Very good. Even my picky two year old wanted seconds. Kudos!"
"Delicious and so easy to make! Everyone kept eating it so I will be making this often."