- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds), skin removed
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the carrots, celery and onion. Top with chicken and sausage.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, garlic, hot sauce, seasonings and, if desired, browning sauce. Spoon over meats. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forChicken Thighs with Sausage
"This was TERRIBLE! Might be ok if the amount of the spices were cut way down."
"Very good. I did not use the browning sauce. I also forgot to start making it in time so I cooked @ 350 for about 70 mins, covered."
"very good. next time will omit liquid browning as it gave the dish a rather unpleasant appearance."
"I thought the spices were much too strong, no one in my family liked it."
"Excellent flavor combination. My family thought it was great. I made it in the oven instead of a crock pot, with the same tender results."
"Excellent flavor. My family thought it was great."