Chicken Tenderloins with Cranberry Mustard Sauce
—Taste of Home Cooking School
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound chicken tenderloin
- All-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons country-style Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Sweetened Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions, green part only
- Dredge chicken in enough flour to coat. Season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown half the chicken in butter and oil over medium-high, 3-4 minutes per side or until juice run clear. Transfer to a platter and keep warm. Repeat with remaining chicken. Add more oil and butter if necessary.
- Add wine, chicken broth and mustard to the same skillet. Cook and stir to blend ingredients and scrape browned bits from pan. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water; stir into skillet. Add cranberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in green onions; cook 1 additional minute. Pour sauce over chicken.
Originally published as Chicken Tenderloins with Cranberry Mustard Sauce in Taste of Home Holiday Recipe Card Collection 2009