Chicken Tenderloins with Cranberry Mustard Sauce
—Taste of Home Cooking School
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound chicken tenderloin
- All-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons country-style Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Sweetened Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions, green part only
- Dredge chicken in enough flour to coat. Season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown half the chicken in butter and oil over medium-high, 3-4 minutes per side or until juice run clear. Transfer to a platter and keep warm. Repeat with remaining chicken. Add more oil and butter if necessary.
- Add wine, chicken broth and mustard to the same skillet. Cook and stir to blend ingredients and scrape browned bits from pan. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water; stir into skillet. Add cranberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in green onions; cook 1 additional minute. Pour sauce over chicken.
Originally published as Chicken Tenderloins with Cranberry Mustard Sauce in Taste of Home Holiday Recipe Card Collection 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.