- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- In a large saucepan, combine the soup, milk and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in the chicken, peas and carrots, and 1 cup cheese.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Top with Tater Tots.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining casserole at 400° until bubbling, 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Reviews forChicken Tater Bake
"I don’t buy cans of soup anymore, because of the sodium, so I used 1? cups of chicken stock and a flour slurry to thicken the stock. I used diced onions and mushrooms, diced cauliflower, and thinly sliced baby carrots that I had saut?ed in olive oil until tender. My husband said, “It is a keeper!” I would recommend it, whenever you are craving a home cooked meal that is easy to prepare."
"I made this as part of a freezer cooking day and froze both pans and followed the recipe exactly. We just had one last night for supper and it was delicious. However, it took a lot longer to bake than indicated. I had it in the oven for 2-1/4 hours (and I even increased the temperature part way through). It was definitely worth the wait though - my husband loved it and ate 2 large portions."
"Oh my GOOD!! I didn't make any changes.... perfect!"
"okay- could use a little more seasonings."
"This recipe is excellent. It's easy, inexpensive and full of flavor."
"Great recipe for busy weeks! I made it on Sunday in a 9x13 pan and froze the whole thing. Baked it on Thursday....love how you don't have to thaw it first. This is a keeper and a go to for extra busy weeks."