Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 2 medium zucchini, julienned
- 4 small carrots, julienned
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika. In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 teaspoons butter. Place the vegetables in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken.
- Melt the remaining butter; stir in the tarragon, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken and vegetables. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 300 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 525mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 12, 2012
The chicken was dry I should have used parchment paper and put the chicken mixed in with the veggies. It would have been good if my chicken wasn't so dried out.
Jun 24, 2010
I actually cut up the chicken into pieces before putting it on the veggies........turned out awesome!
Sep 16, 2009
My husband liked the vegetables the best - and he doesn't even like zucchini! The chicken stays really moist and is a great way to include veggies in the meal. It's great if you're tired of the same side veggie dishes.