Chicken Tamale Pie
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- In a bowl, combine muffin mix, egg and milk; add cheese. Spread in the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- In a saucepan, combine soup, chicken, corn, onions, chilies, garlic and chili powder; heat through. Immediately pour into crust.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is hot.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 382 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 911mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Aug 29, 2011
Very good! I added a bit more chili pepper and used olives instead of green onion because that is what I had on hand. Even my picky son said it was something he would eat again. Winner!
Feb 23, 2010
I had been looking for a Tamale Pie recipe without ground beef for my husband. I had tried several other chicken tamale recipes, they were all terrible. This on the other hand, my husband said that this was as good as his mother used to make. That was music to my ears. AWESOME RECIPE! Tastes wonderful!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.