Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Pico de Gallo
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled mango
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free garlic seasoning blend
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- For pico de gallo, in a small bowl, combine the pineapple, mango, cilantro, onion, lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir the chicken, cumin, seasoning blend and remaining salt until heated through. Spoon 1/4 cup onto each tortilla. Fold in sides. Serve with pico de gallo.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 257 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 572mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
May 15, 2011
This was really good - I seasoned the chicken with adobo and olive oil and baked it on the oven, so I didn't add the cumin and garlic. Not only was it light, it was also really easy to put together.
Apr 21, 2011
This was excellent and works great for parties, looking forward to making again
Jan 15, 2011
This was so easy to prepare. The pineapple pico de gallo was awesome! I didn't add cilantro, I don't care for it, used parsley instead...still great! The taco were very tasty...I may "kick it up" a bit next time to give it a more "fire and ice" combo. This is a winner and keeper for this family!! Thanks for sharing.
Jan 8, 2010
This didn't have enough veggies for our taste, so we added a cup of diced green bell pepper to about 1 1/4 cups of chicken. That was good. It would also be good with red, yellow, or orange bell pepper; or a combination of any of the four.
Jan 1, 2010
also does a great fish taco with grilled white fish
Oct 10, 2008
Very, very good. A great summer meal!
Jun 17, 2008
This was delicious! I wasn't sure if my kids would like the pineapple pico de gallo, but everyone in my family said this one was a keeper!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.