Chicken Taco Salad Recipe
"This refreshing recipe is totally flexible," Lily Julow writes from Lawrenceville, Georgia. "You can use yellow onion instead of red, lemon juice instead of lime and Monterey Jack instead of cheddar cheese. Don't like hot sauce? Leave it out. I believe in making a recipe your own."
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon Mexican seasoning
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 plum tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, bring water to a boil. Reduce heat; add chicken. Poach, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain and cool slightly. Cut chicken into cubes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cilantro, onion, lime juice, oil, pepper sauce, lime peel, Mexican seasoning and chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. Just before serving, toss the chicken mixture with the lettuce, tomato, cheese and peanuts. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 438 calories, 25g fat (6g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 49g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Taco Salad
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2015
"This recipe was ok, but didn't wow me."
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC