Chicken Taco Cups Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 36 wonton wrappers
- Sour cream, chopped green onions and chopped ripe olives, optional
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir the chicken over medium heat for 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- 2. Transfer chicken to a food processor; cover and process until chopped. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, onion, half of the salsa and 1 cup cheese.
- 3. Press wonton wrappers into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 4. Spoon rounded tablespoonfuls of chicken mixture into cups; top with remaining salsa and cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve warm. Garnish with sour cream, green onions and olives if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
Test Kitchen Tips
2 each: 124 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Chicken Taco Cups
"Love these little bundles of goodness! easy to make and so tasty. These will be on my holiday table for sure!"
"I've made these for several years. They are always a hit!! The chicken mixture freezes well for future use."
"I fully intend to make these this weekend for hubby&I as I ALWAYS have boneless/skinless Chix Breasts in the freezer. I also make my own salsa so I know ingredients present plus I just made home made taco seasoning from recipe online-I have problems with MSG-will check amount on typical pkg of the stuff from store.will also get a friend this recipe > he always comes to me requesting what he calls "over the top wow factor" appetizers, I know he'll love this one. thank you LAL from Maine"
"I made these with shredded chicken and enchilada sauce vs taco seasoning. Same response, slightly different "zing" Everyone raves about these cups"
"Amazing recipe, they were gone in no time. Thanks for sharing!!"
"Nice recipe :)"
"I made these tonight & I made the mistake of using a tsp of taco seasoning. I did use leftover turkey & chopped it real fine. Going to make this again though with more taco seasoning."
"These were so good! I need to get a food processor to make the prep a little easier. These didn't last long at all!!"
"These sure don't taste light! Very tasty and the won ton wrappers are nice and crispy."
"Wonderful! Used the "stuffing" for a grilled chicken pizza."
"I love this recipe and it's a big hit for the parties I've brought it too! I used canned chicken as well and it works great in a pinch!"
"Was THE hit of our Christmas Eve gathering!"
"This recipe is excellent, looks pretty and there are never any leftovers. I have substituted pre-formed filo cups for the wonton wrappers which was quicker and also excellent."
"When I asked my husband what to rate this receipe, he said a definite 5! Very tasty, and I will definitely make again on another game day."
"These were very flavorful and a hit with all ages! Will make again and again."
"My husband loved these taco cups! They were great because I could make them ahead of time and then just assemble and bake right before serving them."