Chicken Sweet Potato Stew
The fragrant aroma of this dish will have your family gathering in the kitchen before it's done. And, it's so easy to do. Place the ingredients in a Dutch oven and bake! —Veronica Gantley, Norfolk, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios, toasted
- Hot cooked couscous, optional
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with cranberries. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with pistachios. Serve with couscous if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 399 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Tagine with Yams, Dried Cranberries and Pistachios in Taste of Home Magazine - Best Loved Recipes 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.