Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 egg whites
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another shallow bowl, beat the egg whites. Dip chicken in egg whites, then coat with crumb mixture. Place in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle almonds over chicken. Spritz with butter-flavored spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 224 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Apr 21, 2012
This was absolutely fabulous!! Everyone loved it and it was easy to put together!
Nov 14, 2011
I have been making this recipe for more than 5 years and we love it. The almonds are the crowning touch.
Mar 4, 2011
Very good, pretty easy, and relatively healthy. I'll keep making this.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.